We thought you might want to know what we’re doing in the library to ensure we do what we can to limit the spread of the virus.
- We’ve kept up to date with the latest guidelines from the government and also the information provided from Wigan Council specifically for community groups like ours.
- We’ve done our best to limit the risk by closing face to face sessions.
- We also closed to any hires or returns until the guidelines suggested that it should be safe to restart while observing social distancing rules.
- All carriers that are going out have been washed, and are stored away from people as much as possible within the librarian’s house.
- The drop box is cleaned regularly.
- Only clean hands will handle library items.
- All returned carriers will be bagged and washed before they are hired out again.
- If at any point the librarian’s household needs to self isolate hires and returns will be suspended immediately and until the self isloation ends.
What can you do?
- Wash your hands before and after collecting or returning a carrier.
- Do not hire or return if you have symptoms that require anyone in your hosuehold to self isolate.
- Communicate as soon as you are able if you need to self isolate and need to return a carrier.